It’s that time of year, everyone is getting on the “resolutions” bandwagon… I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I don’t like resolutions. There’s no real motivation behind it and (usually) within a month or two, all your good intentions get forgotten. I decided a few years ago that instead of making resolutions, I was going to create goals to strive for each month/year. So here are some of my New Years photography goals for 2016.
“Goals are dreams with deadlines.” ~ Diana Scharf
New Years Photography Goals
- Photobooth – this is something that Eric is REALLY passionate about, and I think that it will add a lot of fun for our couples at their receptions!
- Website – this is an ongoing project, but I really want to finish tweaking it and get it DONE.
- Bring on an Intern to help with the business (I’ll be taking applications in the spring!)
- Photograph 16 weddings this year – not a super high number, but it’s what we are comfortable doing
- Host a styled wedding workshop – We’ve already got two on the agenda, but I’d love to add one more!
- Guest blog once a month – looking to branch out and already have a few awesome ladies I’m working with!
- Pinterest – I don’t do a whole lot with this resource, and want to see how I can incorporate it more in my business.
I have some personal goals as well (such as delving more into the food photography world!), but we’ll save that for another day! What are you planning to accomplish with this new year that we’ve been given?! Remember that we’ve only got one go around, so I challenge you to ask yourself: “Is this my best yes?” Is this the best way I can spend my time/energy?