I think most people would say getting to know me is pretty easy because I’m such an open book. If I’m happy you’ll know it, if I’m mad, you’ll definitely know it! (just ask my kids 😉 ) But recently I was inspired to write a bit more personally about myself when an awesome fellow photog friend wrote a blog about something she saw on Pinterest (you know, the place that sucks your soul away!) I love the idea of writing something for my kids (and for potential clients) to read to get to know me better. So you won’t just look at me and see someone who’s really good with a camera, but you’ll also think about the fact that I have a lipgloss addiction! And for my kids, I want them to be able to look at me and not just see “mommy”, but someone who has likes, dislikes, etc.
So here it is, in no particular order.
Getting to Know Me: 20 Random Facts
- I have a lipgloss addiction, right now there are 4 different lip products in my purse!
- I don’t really “do” nature. Ironic, since I love doing outdoor photo shoots.
- Popcorn and beer is a perfectly acceptable dinner occasionally.
- I hate scary movies because I internalize them and just get overly freaked out. My rule for scary movies is that if you make me watch one, you have to stay with me that night and hold me hand at 2 o’clock in the morning when I can’t go to sleep!
- I love all things pumpkin (breads, muffins, coffee, pie… you get the idea) and think it’s perfectly acceptable any time of the year.
- My idea of peaceful is going to sleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean outside your window.
- Family is super, Super, SUPER important to me and I love that I have two amazing parents and so many awesome siblings.
- I have a serious Starbucks addiction, and make it a part of the schedule as often as possible.
- I am NOT a runner. I keep trying to psyche myself out, telling myself that it’s good for me, healthy, etc… I just hate it and can’t find motivation. Gotta work on that!
- If you had told me 5 years ago that I’d be a full time photographer and teaching at MOCA, I’d have laughed. Life works in mysterious ways and I couldn’t be more grateful for the chance to be able to do the work I do now.
- I love planning events and parties. Pretty much any excuse to get people together and hang out is good in my book.
- I have a really good sense of direction and rarely get lost.
- When I was 16, I went to Italy and had the chance to sing for Pope John Paul II, it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I want to go back one day!
- I have 9 tattoos and would really like to get just one more (isn’t it always “just one more”?!)
- I played soccer when I was younger, and helped coach a pee-wee team my senior year of high school.
- I have a knack for knowing song lyrics and remembering them forever. It helps because I love to sing.
- I love slippers and usually wearing a pair around the house.
- I don’t go to the movie theater often, but when I do, I always get a small popcorn and cherry coke.
- Sometimes I procrastinate, but I will always get everything done that I need to do.
- I like looking put together all the time, because A) you never know who you’ll run into, plus B) you feel more confidant when you look good!
[…] to know the person behind the camera! Whether you are sharing “fun facts” or a “getting to know me” post – these will be lots of fun for you and your […]