It’s no secret, I like to keep my kiddos entertained while they’re out of school. It’s partly because I’m just an awesome mom, but it’s mostly because I need to keep my sanity! So here’s my list of kids summer activities to get your gears turning of things you can do with your little shrimpies. We shared a similar post last year, but today’s list of kids summer activities is going to feature a lot more options!
Kids Summer Activities in Hampton Roads
- Mariners Museum – $1 admission for everyone all summer until Labor Day
- Summer Reading Program – I’m a mean mommy and my kids still have to read during the summer, so why not let them get rewarded by joining the program at a library or Barnes & Noble?!
- Bubble Mania – I found glow in the dark bubbles, can’t wait to try them!
- Putt Putt Golf – there are lots of great local options, and you can usually find discounted tickets on Groupon!
- Art Museum Visits – Virginia MOCA, Chrysler Museum, Portsmouth Children’s Museum
- Farmers Market – I want to give the kids $5 each and see how far they can stretch it buying fresh produce.
- Play mad-libs – have each kid take turns filling them out and reading it aloud
- Take me out to the Tide’s baseball game at Harbor Park (check out their promotions page for discounted tickets!)
- Do a nature walk scavenger hunt (Pinterest has lots of great printables!), trails include Oak Grove Park, First Landing State Park, and Lake Lawson just to name a few.
- Check out the VB Planetarium (for $3, this is an awesome value!), or watch a free show at the Chesapeake Planetarium.
- $1 Movie Days at Regal Cinemas (my kids love to pair this with a box of dollar store candy!)
- Ocean Breeze Water Park – we have season passes this year – whoot!
- Go fly a kite at Mount Trashmore (I used a 40% off coupon and got cool kites for the kids at A.C. Moore)
- Bowling – use Kids Bowl Free to get two free games every day during the summer!
- Have an outdoor picnic and let the kids choose what to make and cook it.
- Visit a Park – Fun Forest Chesapeake, Grommet Island Beach Park Virginia Beach,
- Tour the Battleship Wisconsin
- Free Outdoor Summer Concert Series (we love YNot Wednesday and Town Place at Greenbrier)
- Play Conductor for a day and visit the Norfolk Southern Train Museum
- Have a water balloon fight (I love using the Zuro brand for a quick fill up!)
- Have a beach day – complete with snacks, sandcastles, and adult beverages for mommy!
- Visit an Ice Cream Shop – we love the Smithfield Ice Cream Parlor since my sister is the manager, but for a local trip, I recommend Doumar’s!
- Portsmouth Splash Park – it’s free, so this would be perfect after visiting the Children’s Museum!
- Bounce House fun – my kiddos really love Cloud 9 trampoline park now that they’re older, but we also really like Kangaroo Jack’s bounce house.
- Painting – I bought a value pack of canvas’ from Michaels (using a 40% coupon of course), paints and brushes (all under $10), and my three kiddos are gonna have a blast!
- Cook Together – find a recipe, go shopping for the ingredients together, and cook the meal with your kids. This is always a hit in our house!
So what kids summer activities will you be doing this summer?
Leave A Comment