Today’s post is a bit more personal, and I hope you’ll indulge me as I share 10 things that changed my life, from how I do business to some new bedroom habits! I got inspired by a recent blog post by Danielle LaPorte (who delivers white hot truth + sermons on life) in her blogs and newsletters, and wanted to write my own list. Not only so other people can get a little glimpse of my life, but even more than that to remind myself that things will always get better.
1o Things That Changed My Life
- I choose joy. Because happiness is fleeting but joy is always a choice.
- Eat more fresh fruits and veggies, it really makes you feel better!
- Made my bedroom my bedroom, and made my office space my office space.
- Saying no to the things I don’t actually want to do, so I can say YES to the things that I do.
- Hanging artwork on the walls of my home that makes me happy and inspires me (including my own photography!)
- Even though I’m a control freak, everything doesn’t need to be exactly how I would do it.
- Put up boundaries – if we don’t have a wedding to photograph on the weekend, it’s family time = no work!
- No computers after 9 o’clock – gives us dedicated time to kick back and relax with each other.
- Realized that life is short, it’s okay to eat ice cream at 10 o’clock at night, snuggled in bed, and watch Netflix.
- Less really is more – the older I get the better I feel with less stuff.
Even though these are small things, they really have made a difference in my everyday life! And my challenge to you would be this: what is one small change you can make in your life right meow that will be for the better?!